Why get an AIM membership?
Buying an AIM membership allows you to support your fellow classmates and contribute to the wider social environment of PPLE student life. All costs from memberships go directly back to our members and their exciting initiatives, and there are of course some perks for you as an individual AIM member! What benefits? Well… Did we mention:
– a 15% discount on all school textbooks through Athenaeum
– a €5 discount on every party (and we love to party!)
– travel on the hitchhiking trip, spring break trip, or a weekend trip, all of which are exclusive to members
– join a committee or club (only for members!)
Memberships are €35 for the first year, and only €5 every year after. To make your life even easier, all AIM memberships bought from now on will be automatically renewed! For this automatic renewal, we will need you to sign a SEPA-form (= a fancy name for a form giving us permission to withdraw the membership fee from your account).
Terms and Conditions
A. Automatic Extension
With your AIM membership purchase, you give permission for an automatic membership extension. The extended membership costs are determined by AIM’s General Assembly and are currently €5,- per year. These membership costs will be automatically debited from your bank account every year. With your membership purchase, you commit yourself to signing a SEPA-form at the Athenaeum book store. Your membership is not valid until you have signed this form. You can opt-out of the automatic extension at any point by notifying the AIM Board on paper or through e-mail.
B. €5 Extension Deal
Please note that only ‘existing’ members are eligible for the €5 extension deal. Each extended membership will be compared and checked by AIM using membership lists of previous academic years. If you buy an extended membership, you should be able to prove your existing membership of AIM when you come to sign your SEPA-form.
AIM has the right to:
- Demand an additional €30 euros for members that fail to prove their existing membership of AIM
- At any given time cancel the membership of new members that fail to transfer the additional money to AIM within 5 working days.